Birthday time is approaching for Juventus, and this season the date once again coincides with a match. In fact, over their 117-year history, the Bianconeri have had to “work” more than a few times on their birthday. This year is no different; the Serie A calendar has scheduled a trip to Empoli for Juve’s big day on 1 November.
Yet this is nothing new for Juventus – the team has grown accustomed to blowing out their candles on the field of play. This first happened in a home match against Alessandria way back in 1931. Another time, years later, Juventus chose to wear the legendary pink strip of their early years to celebrate their birthday in style.
We are well aware that J-Members know the Old Lady’s history like the back of their hands, so this year we want to test their knowledge specifically on the subject of Juve’s birthday appearances. Here are the five questions:
- Juve have played two European matches on 1 November over the years. Which competitions were these in and against what opposition?
- Which team have the Bianconeri faced most often on 1 November?
- Who were the opposition when Juve played in their pink strip to celebrate their birthday?
- One particular Juventus legend scored a brace on this date. Who was it?
- When was the last time that the team played on their birthday? Who did they face?
Read carefully, do your research and then send your responses via email by clicking here. The competition closes on 1 November at 18.00. The first person to respond to all questions correctly will be able to attend Juventus v Parma as our guest in the Sky Box, which is reserved for Premium Members only. The match takes place on Sunday 9 November at 15.00.
Attention: this competition is reserved for Premium Members and Premium International Members. If you would like to participate, sign up for Juventus Membership by clicking here.