On Wednesday night, that familiar anthem will ring out and another season of Champions League nights at the Allianz Stadium will begin. The home of Juventus has been an absolute fortress for the Bianconeri since opening in 2011 with just one loss and a 19-match home unbeaten streak that is currently the second-longest streak in the UCL behind Barcelona (22 games).
Let's take a look at some of the stats and facts at the Allianz Stadium as another home Champions League campaign begins:
- Since opening in 2011, Juventus boasts a 15-8-1 record at home in the Champions League with 42 goals scored and 16 allowed. The lone loss was a 2-0 defeat to Bayern Munich in their 2013 Champions League-winning campaign.
- Juventus has 13 shutouts in 24 UCL home matches at Allianz Stadium allowing on .66 goals per game on average.
- Juve has hosted teams from 11 different countries in the five UCL campaigns at Allianz Stadium.
- Arturo Vidal is the Juve UCL leading scorer at the Allianz with eight goals while Paulo Dybala, Fabio Quagliarella and Carlos Tevez each have four UCL strikes at Allianz Stadium.
- Juventus has not lost to a team other than Bayern Munich at home in Europe since falling 1-0 to Deportivo La Coruna in the 2003/04 season, a stretch of 43 matches.