Juventus vs Chievo: Match Preview
Just before the start of the international fixtures, Juve closed out the opening two rounds of the season with an inspiring comeback win away to Genoa.
After falling behind inside the opening 20 seconds, Juve found themselves down by two after just seven minutes of play. However, the team rallied and thanks to two goals from Paulo Dybala, the Bianconeri hauled themselves back to 2-2 just before half-time.
A well-taken strike from Juan Cuadrado put the visitors 3-2 in front in the 62nd minute, and then four minutes into stoppage time, Dybala sealed the win and completed his hat-trick to end the match 4-2.
After finishing in a respectable ninth place last season, Chievo Verona have had a mixed start so far, winning 2-1 away at Udinese on the opening day and then losing by the same scoreline at home to Lazio.
Last week the 'Flying Donkeys' went 1-0 down to a strike from former Juventus man Ciro Immobile, before Manuel Pucciarelli equalised. However, Chievo were to be denied a draw when Sergej Milinkovic-Savic struck in the 89th minute to seal a win for the away side.
Roland Maran's men have also participated in the Coppa Italia already, recording another 2-1 victory against Ascoli in the third round.
SUMMER TRANSFER DEALINGS
Perhaps Chievo’s most interesting addition in the summer was the signing of former Bayern Munich player, Gianluca Gaudino. The young German-Italian arrives having got some minutes under his belt for the reigning Bundesliga champions and will be hoping to secure regular first-team football in Italy.
Despite selling talisman, Roberto Inglese to Napoli on the final day of the transfer window, Chievo have at least secured his services for the upcoming campaign as the striker has returned to the club on loan.
LAST TIME OUT VS CHIEVO
La Vecchia Signora left it late in Verona to defeat their opponents in November 2016, with the game poised at 1-1 after a Sergio Pellissier penalty cancelled out Mario Mandzukic’s opener. It took a sublime free-kick from Miralem Pjanic 15 minutes from time to ensure that all three points were heading to Turin.
Meanwhile, in last season's home game, a brace from Gonzalo Higuain proved to be enough to seal a 2-0 win for Juve.
KEY #JUVECHIEVO NUMBERS
- In 28 matches against Chievo, Juventus' record stands at 20 wins, seven draws and one defeat.
- Juventus are unbeaten in their last 10 games against Chievo.
- In the last 36 Serie A home games, Juventus have earnt 106 points out of 108 available.
- Juventus have scored a goal in each of their last 31 matches.
- The Bianconeri already have the largest number of passes completed (1,153) after the first two rounds of matches and the best pass completion rate (89%).
- Taking into account the players used, Chievo have the oldest squad this season with an average age of 31 years and 266 days. Juventus have the second oldest at 29 years and 246 days.
- Paulo Dybala scored his first ever home goal at the now Allianz Stadium, against Chievo Verona in 2015.
- Massimiliano Allegri’s personal record against Chievo stands at 12 wins, three draws and two defeats.
JUVENTUS HOME JERSEY 2018/19
JUVENTUS T-SHIRT #GETREADY
JUVENTUS AWAY JERSEY 2018/19
JUVENTUS THIRD JERSEY 2018/19
JUVENTUS "NUMBER" T-SHIRTS
CAPS AND BEANIES
KEYRINGS AND GADGETS
JUVENTUS RETRO JERSEYS
SACKS, BACKPACKS, TROLLEYS
SKATES AND SNOWBOARDS
JUVENTUS WOMEN APPAREL
ADULT AND KIDS HOODED BATHROBE
JUVENTUS CLAY Z.N.E. JACKET KNIT 2018/19
GAMES AND PLUSHES
JUVENTUS BLACK TROLLEY