Juventus and the European Club Association (ECA), encourage all Bianconeri to #BeActive in the 3rd European Week of Sport from 23 September to 30 September!
The European Week of Sport aims to promote participation in sport and physical activity raising awareness about the numerous benefits of both. This week is for everyone! Regardless of age, background or fitness level, you can get involved by getting out and active in your community!
Sport and physical activity contribute substantially to the wellbeing of European citizens, but the level of physical activity is currently stagnating and even declining in some countries. The European Week of Sport is a response to this challenge as the lack of physical activity not only has a negative impact on society and people’s health, but also results in economic costs.
Sport has the potential to strengthen messages of tolerance and reinforce citizenship throughout Europe! So, get out and get active in your community! Post on social media with #BEACTIVE and show people how you are celebrating the European Week of Sport!
CLICK HERE for more information!
- 59% of Europeans never or seldom exercise while 41% exercise or play sport at least once a week.
- 86% of Europeans walk at least ten minutes at a time at least once a week.
- 37% of Europeans sit for more than 5.5 hours per day.
- 40% of Europeans are active in a park while 36% exercise at home.
- 62% of Europeans are active because it improves health while 30% do so because it is fun.
- 42% of Europeans do not exercise because of a shortage of time while 10% do not because of the cost.