Juventus vs Lazio: Match Preview
Juve will be disappointed to have thrown away a two-goal lead at Atalanta just before the international break. Federico Bernardeschi’s first goal for the club, followed by a strike from Gonzalo Higuain looked to have put the Bianconeri in firm control of the match, but they were pegged back thanks to on-loan defender Mattia Caldara and Bryan Cristante.
However, Juventus have shown time and time again that they always respond after difficult results.
GOOD START FROM THE BIANCOCELESTI
After drawing 0-0 at home to SPAL on the opening day, Lazio went on to win their next three, beating Chievo Verona 2-1 away, an impressive 4-1 home victory against AC Milan, and a thrilling 3-2 win away at Genoa. Le Aquile then went down 4-1 at home to Napoli, before bouncing back with a 3-0 win at Hellas Verona, and their most recent outing saw them hit Sassuolo for six, a goal from Stefan de Vrij, a brace from Luis Alberto, another brace from Marco Parolo and a strike from Ciro Immobile helping Lazio to a 6-1 win.
Their star performer so far this season has undoubtedly been striker, Ciro Immobile. The former Juventus youth product has nine goals in Serie A, and 13 in all competitions.
LAST TIME VS LAZIO
Fans don’t have to look too far back for the previous Juve-Lazio encounter, as the two sides locked horns prior to the start of the season in the Italian Super Cup, where unfortunately a Paulo Dybala brace wasn’t enough as Lazio won the encounter 3-2.
However, despite that setback Juventus can take heart from the fact that have beaten Lazio in their last six league encounters without conceding, and are unbeaten in the league in the last 25 games played.
Last season the Old Lady won 2-0 at home after two early goals from Paulo Dybala and Gonzalo Higuain. Away from home the Old Lady were victorious by a goal to nil thanks a second half Sami Khedira strike.
#JUVELAZIO MATCH STATS
- This will be the 147th match between the sides in Serie A, with 78 wins going to the Bianconeri, 36 draws, and 32 Lazio wins.
- Lazio have conceded more goals against Juventus in Serie A than any other side (262).
- In the Italian Super Cup, Juventus faced more shots on target than against any other side in all competitions so far.
- Lazio have scored 19 goals in their first seven Serie A games, a club record.
- Juventus have won 115 points out of the last 117 available at home.
- The Bianconeri have the best league shots-goals conversion rate so far at 24%.
- Gonzalo Higuain has scored the majority of his goals in the championship against Lazio with 12, including one hat-trick and three doubles.
- Paulo Dybala has had more shots than any other player in Serie A this season (40), Ciro Immobile has the second most (36).
- Massimiliano Allegri currently has the best median points average in the league at 1.96, Simone Inzaghi the third best with 1.88.
- Allegri has won nine in 17 matches against Lazio in Serie A, drawing four and losing four.
JUVENTUS HOME JERSEY 2019/20
JUVENTUS AWAY JERSEY 2019/20
JUVENTUS THIRD JERSEY 2019/20
JUVENTUS CAPS AND BEANIES
HOODIES & SWEATSHIRTS
JUVENTUS SWIMSUIT - WOMAN
JUVENTUS WOMAN TEES
JUVENTUS TRAINING 19/20
KEYRINGS AND GADGETS
JUVENTUS RETRO JERSEYS
JUVENTUS WOMEN APPAREL
ADULT AND KIDS HOODED BATHROBE
GAMES AND PLUSHES
JUVENTUS BLACK TROLLEY