Juventus and Torino meet in one of the most high-stakes Derby Della Mole matches in recent history on Saturday night at Allianz Stadium. Heading into matchday six, neither team has suffered a defeat on the young season with the Bianconeri boasting a perfect 15 points from five matches while Il Toro has earned three wins and two draws from their opening five matches good for 11 points.
Juventus vs Torino: Match Preview
THE BEAT GOES ON
Playing their fourth match in 12 days, Max Allegri’s side come into the derby off a nervy 1-0 win over Fiorentina on Wednesday night. Shutout through 45 minutes for the first time this year, Mario Mandzukic found the breakthrough for the Bianconeri on 52 minutes with a diving header, after a cross from Juan Cuadrado was touched on by Gonzalo Higuain.
The visitors finished the contest with 10 men after Milan Badelj received a second yellow card for bringing down Blaise Matuidi just outside the opposing box.
Playing their third match in a week, the Bianconeri produced a crucial win to maintain the 100% start by Allegri’s men.
Torino have had a good start to the season, winning three matches and drawing two. They opened their league campaign with a 1-1 draw away at Bologna, before following up with wins over Sassuolo and Benevento, a draw at home to Sampdoria and a win over Udinese.
Manager Sinisa Mihajlovic made some very astute signings in the summer, securing the services of experienced goalkeeper, Salvatore Sirigu, Lyon defender, Nicolas Nkoulou, and other seasoned Serie A players such as Nicolas Burdisso, M’Baye Niang and Tomas Rincon.
Star man Andrea Belotti has carried on his fine form from last season, scoring three goals in five matches.
As for the players on either side with previous affiliations, Kwadwo Asamoah had a very brief spell at Torino without registering an official appearance, whilst Tomas Rincon played for Juve last season. Cristian Molinaro and Emiliano Moretti both spent time at the Bianconeri in previous years.
LAST TIME VS TORINO
The first Turin derby of last season took place in December, away at the Stadio Olimpico. Belotti opened the scoring for the hosts, before Higuain evened things up going into the break. In the second half, La Vecchia Signora turned the screw and another incisive finish by Higuain put Juve in front, and then Miralem Pjanic made the result safe in stoppage time to hand Massimilano Allegri’s men a 3-1 victory.
In Turin, it was a more balanced contest with Torino again opening the scoring with a great free-kick from Adem Ljajic, the visitors held firm for much of the game even battling with 10 men. However, in the 92nd minute Gonzalo Higuain again came up trumps to secure a crucial 1-1 draw.
#JUVETORINO MATCH STATS
- The current Derby Della Mole record stands as: 67 Juventus wins, 42 draws, and 35 Torino wins.
- Torino have only won one of the last 22 meetings in Serie A.
- In the last six Turin derbies, Juventus have scored four times in stoppage time.
- Juventus have not lost a home derby against Torino since April 1995, recording eight wins and three draws.
- Torino are the only side Juventus have dropped points against at home in the last 38 games at the Allianz Stadium.
- This is the first time since 1992/93 at least five matches into the season that both teams have arrived into the derby undefeated, and the first time since 1993/94 that they have both occupied places in the top five.
- No attacker has intercepted more balls this season than Mario Mandzukic (seven).
- Massimiliano Allegri has just one loss in 10 of the last 11 matches against Torino (seven wins, three draws).
- Mihajlovic has never beaten Allegri in Serie A in 10 attempts, claiming three draws and suffering seven defeats.
JUVENTUS HOME JERSEY 2019/20
JUVENTUS AWAY JERSEY 2019/20
JUVENTUS THIRD JERSEY 2019/20
HOODIES & SWEATSHIRTS
JUVENTUS CAPS AND BEANIES
37th SCUDETTO CELEBRATORY T-SHIRT
JUVENTUS SWIMSUIT - WOMAN
JUVENTUS WOMAN TEES
JUVENTUS TRAINING 19/20
KEYRINGS AND GADGETS
JUVENTUS RETRO JERSEYS
JUVENTUS WOMEN APPAREL
ADULT AND KIDS HOODED BATHROBE
GAMES AND PLUSHES
JUVENTUS BLACK TROLLEY