Inter vs Juventus: Match preview
After last Sunday’s 0-1 defeat at home to Napoli, La Vecchia Signora will be aiming for a return to winning ways against their Derby d'Italia rivals, Inter.
The top-two clash at the Allianz Stadium was a match of few chances, with the Bianconeri going closest to scoring in the first half when Miralem Pjanic’s free-kick deflected off of the Napoli wall and onto the post. However, in the 90th minute, defender Kalidou Koulibaly rose highest from a corner to nod home a powerful header to secure all three points for the away side.
TOP FOUR THE AIM FOR INTER
Inter currently find themselves in fifth place in the table just one point behind both third and fourth spots. With four games to go in the season, the Nerazzurri will be hoping to secure a spot in next season’s UEFA Champions League.
To help them achieve their objective, Inter made two notable signings in the January transfer window bringing in Argentine defender, Lisandro Lopez from Benfica and Brazilian midfielder, Rafinha from Barcelona both on loan deals.
Last time out, Inter won 1-2 away at Chievo Verona with both of their goals coming within nine second half minutes, as Mauro Icardi opened the scoring at the Stadio Bentegodi in the 52nd minute, before Ivan Perisic then doubled their lead. The home side were able to pull a goal back through Polish striker, Mariusz Stepinksi in the 90th minute but Inter were able to hold on for the win.
LAST TIME VS INTER
Juventus locked horns with Inter back in December as the two sides drew 0-0 at the Allianz Stadium. The Old Lady had perhaps the better chances of the match with Mario Mandzukic going closest to scoring when a first half header hit the top of the Inter crossbar with Samir Handanovic beaten. Despite Juve going close, Inter would hold firm to claim a point in Turin.
#INTERJUVE MATCH STATS
- In 169 Serie A Derby d’Italia’s Juventus have won 80, drawn 43 and lost 46.
- Juve’s record win in this fixture is 1-9 in 1961, with Omar Sivori scoring six goals.
- The Bianconeri are undefeated in their last 10 against Inter.
- Inter haven’t scored in five of the last seven in all competitions vs Juve.
- Both teams have scored in five of the last six Serie A matches at the San Siro.
- The last seven wins for Juve away at Inter have all ended 1-2.
- Juventus are the most dangerous team in the first half hour of play, scoring a total of 26 goals, whilst Inter are the most solid in this period conceding just three times.
- Inter have made the most crosses this season (715) and scored the most goals from the wings (16).
- The Nerazzurri have receieved a red card in four of the last 10 games against Juve.
- Gonzalo Higuain and Mauro Icardi are the current foreign players who have scored the most goals in Serie A.