14 May 2022
Juventus welcome Lazio on Monday night, in the game that concludes the penultimate Matchday of Serie A 2021/22. The Bianconeri have made sure of Champions League football next season, but the race to secure Europa League qualification is far from decided. With their 62 points so far, Lazio have edged a three-point advantage over the three chasing teams, Roma, Fiorentina and Atalanta, all tied on 59.
Four points from the six still available will guarantee Biancocelesti access to the Europa League. Maurizio Sarri's side have won nine of their 17 fixtures in the second half of the season, exactly as they had collected before the Winter break when they had played two games more. The four defeats in 2022 have been inflicted by the teams ahead of Lazio in the standings, Inter, Napoli, Milan and Rome, who they have since overtaken on the back of the two recent wins.
- Lazio have gained 18 points from a losing situation, two points more than Juve and second only to Inter, with 22 points.
- Only Verona (13) have scored more goals than Lazio (12) in the first 15 minutes of play this campaign.
- In this match the two players that have attempted the most conclusions go head on: Ciro Immobile and Dusan Vlahovic, 118 shots for each of them.
- Currently on 27 goals, Ciro Immobile is one of the only two players, with Gunnar Nordahl, to have reached this number in three different Serie A seasons and could become the first to reach 28 goals for three seasons.
- Immobile has scored four Serie A goals against Juventus, three of which in his last four matches at the Allianz Stadium.
- For the first time since arriving in Serie A, Sergej Milinkovic-Savic has managed to reach double figures for both goals and assists, becoming only the 12th midfielder to do so since the top flight returned to 20 teams in 2004/05.
- In Luis Alberto (10) and Milinkovic-Savic (11), Lazio have two of the five players in double figures for assists this league campaign - together with Sassuolo’s Domenico Berardi, and Nicolò Barella and Hakan Calhanoglu of Inter.
- Luiz Felipe's two most recent Serie A goals came against Juventus on 7 December 2019.