Match Preview: Juventus vs Benevento
If the first half of the week was all about Juventus’ Champions League trip to Portugal against Sporting CP, the second half has been spent gearing up for Sunday’s Serie A home meeting with Benevento.
This will be the first ever official match between Juventus and Benevento, but it is already set to be a very special one:
For when the Bianconeri line up at the Allianz Stadium ahead of kick-off at 15.00 CET, they will be wearing a commemorative kit, designed by adidas to mark the 120th anniversary of Juventus being founded – a special event, which was celebrated in style on Juventus.com and the club’s social media channels.
BIANCONERI BUILDING MOMENTUM
With four wins and a draw in their last five fixtures across all competitions, it’s been a positive few weeks for the Bianconeri, who have responded well to what was a slow start to October following the draw to Atalanta and defeat to Lazio.
Thumping wins over Udinese and SPAL before that all-important victory last Saturday against Milan at the San Siro ensured that Juve have kept in touch with Napoli and Inter at the top of the table with only three points separating themselves and the first-placed Partenopei going into Matchday 12.
Needless to say, Allegri and company will be keen to get the job done against Benevento this weekend with a win that sees them enter the November international break in high spirits.
BENEVENTO’S BID FOR FIRST POINT CONTINUES
It has been a baptism of fire for Benevento in their very first Serie A season. The Campania-based team sit rock-bottom of the table after losing all of their 11 fixtures so far.
Another defeat this weekend would see them equal the unwanted record, set by Manchester United in 1930/31 for the worst start to a campaign across Europe’s top five leagues: 12 losses in 12 games.
A couple of Benevento players are also looking to break their ducks still: Massimo Coda is the player with the most shots (24) without scoring this season, while Danilo Cataldi holds the same record among Serie A midfielders this term: 18 attempts without finding the net.
STATS YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR SUNDAY
- In the last six seasons, Juventus have always picked up three points on Matchday 12.
- Serie A’s best attack (Juventus – 33 goals scored) will be taking on the league’s worst defence (Benevento – 29 conceded).
- You have to go back to the 1933/34 season for the last time that Juve netted more in their first 11 matches: 35 goals compared to 33 this term.
- Juventus are the only Serie A team to have taken the lead in all 11 of their league matches this season.
- Providing he plays on Sunday, Gonzalo Higuain will be making his 50th appearance for Juventus in Serie A.
- Benevento have just one player with more than 100 Serie A appearances (Andrea Costa, 169), while there are 12 Bianconeri to have reached this milestone.
- Massimiliano Allegri has come across Benevento manager, Roberto De Zerbi, just once in the past, winning 1-0 away to Palermo in September 2016.
JUVENTUS HOME JERSEY 2019/20
JUVENTUS AWAY JERSEY 2019/20
JUVENTUS THIRD JERSEY 2019/20
HOODIES & SWEATSHIRTS
JUVENTUS CAPS AND BEANIES
37th SCUDETTO CELEBRATORY T-SHIRT
JUVENTUS SWIMSUIT - WOMAN
JUVENTUS WOMAN TEES
JUVENTUS TRAINING 19/20
KEYRINGS AND GADGETS
JUVENTUS RETRO JERSEYS
JUVENTUS WOMEN APPAREL
ADULT AND KIDS HOODED BATHROBE
GAMES AND PLUSHES
JUVENTUS BLACK TROLLEY